It’s been two weeks since the tax filing deadline and you still haven’t gotten your refund. Not ideal.
There are a number of reasons refunds get delayed – more information is needed, your returns were not e-filed (paper-filed returns take longer to process than e-filed returns), the return is incomplete, mismatch of personal info, the list goes on and on.
Fear not; below are the links to check the status of your personal income tax refund(s) online.
You will need some information at hand in order to check the status of your refund. In most cases, you will need your Social Security Number, filing status, and exact refund amount.
Refund Status Links
- Alabama – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Quick links for individuals” section.
- Arkansas – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Quick Links” tab.
- Colorado – Click the green button that says “Check the Status of Your Refund (No Login Required)”
- Idaho – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “For Individuals” section.
- Illinois – Click the “Where’s My Refund?” link under the “Where is my refund?” question.
- Louisiana – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Quick Links” tab.
- Massachusetts – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Quick Links” section.
- Mississippi – Click “Check the status of my refund” under the “I WANT TO…” section. Then, click the “Check Refund Status” button.
- Montana – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Individual” section.
- New Hampshire**
- New Jersey
- New Mexico – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “PERSONAL INCOME” section.
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota – Click “View My Refund Status” under the “INDIVIDUALS” section.
- Oklahoma – Click “Individuals” and then “Where’s My Refund?”.
- Oregon – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Quick Links” section.
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota*
- Utah – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “Individual” section.
- Vermont – Click the “Personal Income Tax Return Status” button.
- West Virginia – Click “Where’s My Refund?” under the “FOR INDIVIDUALS (NO LOGON REQUIRED)” section.
*These states do not have an income tax. Therefore, no personal state tax returns are required to be filed.
**These states do not have an income tax on salaries and wages. New Hampshire does not have an online refund status check tool; you can call (603) 230-5000 for more information. Tennessee does not require you to file a personal state tax return.
If you have any questions about the status of your refund or tax return after checking online, reach out to your CPA (if you have one) or me (if you don’t yet) for clarification.
Did you like this article? Feel like it was missing something? Rate it to let me know 🙂
Nick Aiola is a CPA located in New York, NY. Nick provides the highest quality of tax and accounting services to a wide range of clients, including individuals, businesses, and fiduciary entities.
Phone – (646) 397-9537
Email – email@example.com
Facebook – Nicholas Aiola, CPA
LinkedIn – Nicholas Aiola, CPA
Twitter – @nicholasaiola
Google+ – Nicholas Aiola
Subscribe to Nick’s blog here!